Our history

Since its creation in 1909, Icam Alumni has welcomed generation after generation of engineers. The association has remained active ever since and has used the resources available in each era to communicate and maintain connections with its members.

Over a century of activity

The first class of Icam students graduated from the Lille campus in 1901. The association was created some years later, on January 22, 1909.

Its office was initially situated in Lille but soon moved to Paris and into larger spaces as the number of graduates increased. Over the years, regional groups were also created throughout France. The association has been headquartered at Le Village by CA, in Paris, since 2017. 

Icam Alumni has contributed to the creation of national and international engineering entities such as the Fédération des Associations et Sociétés Françaises d?Ingénieurs Diplômés (FASFID) which became Ingénieurs et Scientifiques de France (IESF) in 1996.

A tradition of support for Icam schools

The association has always helped the schools flourish in a variety of ways: a 1907 donation for the chapel and infirmary, the post-war implementation of a plan to modernize the school machines and tools, the creation of the Maison des Icam student residence in 1956, and more.

Along with ?Les Amis de l?Icam? Association and the Féron-Vrau Foundation, Icam Alumni has contributed to the creation of student housing in Lille, Nantes, Toulouse and Paris-Sénart. 

Every year, it provides scholarships to students. A solidarity fund was set up to support people undergoing difficulties. Alumni also advocate for their employers? donation of the apprenticeship tax to Icam.



The association by the numbers

  • 15,500 active alumni
  • 2,000 women engineers
  • 550 engineering graduates each year
  • 729 engineers in Africa